I want to...
Only 3 information needed to start renewing with AIG.
1. Vehicle Number
2. IC Number
3. Place of Use (West Malaysia / Sabah & Sarawak)
Life has plenty of journeys. Keep those journeys going with AIG Car Insurance - awarded Malaysia's “Motor Claims Insurer of the Year”.
We provide comprehensive protection for you and your car, covering you against damage to your own vehicle due to accident, fire and theft. We also cover your liabilities to other parties such as damage, injury or death to the other party and their vehicle.
Our most popular features include
* AIG Malaysia is awarded “Best Automotive Claims Management Service” by Malaysia’s Motordata Research Consortium (MRC)
With every Comprehensive Car Insurance coverage purchased, you'll be entitled for road assistance. We'll help solve your vehicle inconveniences during your car breakdown including:
Change of Punctured Tyre
Change of Battery
If your vehicle is damaged after an accident, just bring it in for repairs to our panel workshop and we will take care of the bills. Our dedicated auto claim specialists will liaise with the workshop on accident-related repair costs.
We'll reimburse you the market value/agreed value* of your car, in the event of theft or total loss caused by fire. Just make sure you lodge a police report immediately.
*If your vehicle is covered with an agreed value policy.
For your vehicle repairs at our panel workshop, you'll be entitled to enjoy 1 year warranty on all repairs done.
We offer a selection of add-on coverage, which suits you and your vehicle while on the road. For an extra premium, you can choose to extend selected coverage such as windscreen, passenger protection plan, special perils (in case of flood or natural events) or accident guard.
If your vehicle is covered with an agreed value1 policy with us, you'll get the full pay-out on total car damage. It's always recommended to get covered with us on agreed value1 policy.
1 Initial agreed insured value instead of the depreciating market value of your car
With every Comprehensive Car Insurance coverage, you'll be entitled for road assistance, offering services such as change of punctured tyre, battery, towing service, accident assistance, out of petrol and more.
Watch the videos below to find out how you can play your role to enjoy better protection.
Be A Safe Driver
Be A Smart Consumer
Be A Responsible Car Owner
A Public message brought to you by Persatuan Insurance Am Malaysia (PIAM) and Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA)
Learn how you can make a difference in the Liberalisation of Motor Insurance this July 2017
This policy provides insurance against damage to your own vehicle and/or your liabilities to other parties as a result of a motor accident depending on type of cover you selected.
a) Comprehensive Cover - accidental or fire damage to your vehicle or theft of your vehicle.
b) Third Party Fire & Theft – cover your liability towards third party as a result of motor accident and damage/loss of your vehicle due to fire and/or theft.
c) Third Party Cover – it will cover:
• Death or third party bodily injury; and
• Third party property loss or damage.
Optional add-on benefits available with Comprehensive Cover that you may wish to purchase by paying additional premium:
• Windscreen damage
• Riot Strike & Civil Commotion
• Passenger liability cover
• Damage arising from flood and landslide
• Cash compensation if your vehicle is declared total loss or damage due to flood
• Transportation Fare
• Vehicle Break-in
• Key Replacement
• Car Loan Support
• Tyres and Rims Repair/Replacement
The above optional benefits are for Private Car only. There are separate extras for Commercial Vehicles.
Duration of cover is for one year. You need to renew the insurance annually. It is advisable that the period of insurance must tally with the road tax. To check your car insurance expiry date, please visit JPJ.
We also provide 24 hours, 7 days Road Assistance Service for all Comprehensive Car Insurance policies.
We provide Road Tax renewal service with FREE Delivery when you renew your Auto Insurance online with us.
|Is the road tax renewal service applicable for vehicles used in West Malaysia & East Malaysia?||
This service is currently available only for vehicles used in West Malaysia.
For vehicles used in East Malaysia, you can still renew your auto insurance online (without selecting road tax).
|What type of charges are involved when I renew road tax with AIG Auto Insurance online?||You'll only be charged for road tax fee (West Malaysia rate applies). No charges will be imposed for delivery fee & service charge, as this is a complimentary service by AIG.|
|When will I receive my road tax after I have renewed it here?||Klang Valley: 3 working days
Peninsular/West Malaysia : within 3-4 working days
Sabah & Sarawak : within 6 working days
|Who will deliver the road tax to me?||All deliveries are facilitated by MyEG Services Logistic Officers.|
|I've renewed my car insurance with road tax renewal online with AIG. I haven't receive my road tax as per expected delivery date. What do I do?||
You can check your road tax delivery status via the following method :
With the phased motor liberalization, the premium you may need to pay is based on the risk factors such as your age, gender, your vehicle age, make and model, cubic capacity, sum insured, location of your vehicle mostly used and any other factors that may applicable at time of cover issuance.
• Who can apply - Anyone between the age of 22 to 75 years old with a valid driving licence for the appropriate class of vehicle. Minimum driving experience is 1 year. Acceptance may be subjected to our internal underwriting guidelines.
• Pursuant to Paragraph 5 of the Schedule 9 of the Financial Services Act 2013, if you are applying for this insurance wholly for purpose unrelated to your trade, business or profession, you have a duty to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation in answering the questions in the Proposal Form (or when you apply for this insurance).
You must answer the questions fully and accurately.
Failure to take reasonable care in answering the questionsmau result in avoidance of your contract of insurance, refusal or reduction of your claim(s), change of terms or termination of your contract of insurance.
The above duty of disclosure shall continue until the time your contract of insurance is entered into, varied or renewed with us.
In addition to answering the questions in the Proposal Form (or when you apply for this insurance), you are required to disclose any other matter tha you know to be relevant to our decision in accepting the risks and determining the rates and terms to be applied.
You also have a duty to tell us immediately if at any time after your contract of insurance has been entered into, varied or renewed with us any of the information given in the Proposal Form (or when you have applied for this insurance) is inaccurate or has changed.
• The excess that is the amount of loss you have to bear in the event of an accident. There is an additional excess of RM400 in case of accident where your vehicle is driven by a person not named in your policy, below the age of 21 or still under probational licence (P) (for Comprehensive Private Car).
• Betterment charges (if you involve in accident and the damaged parts are replaced with new parts) will apply for vehicles age 5 years and above.
• You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the appropriate amount.
• You have to maintain your vehicle in a roadworthy condition
• Motor is a Cash Before Cover policy. Payment must be made upfront before cover can be issued.
This policy does not cover certain losses, such as:
• Your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident;
• Your liability against claims from passengers in your vehicle; and
• Loss, damage or liability arising from an act of nature i.e. flood, storm or landslide.
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the sample policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.
You may cancel your policy at any time by giving written notice to us. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium, provided that we have not paid a claim against your policy. A minimum premium of RM50 will be retained and the balance calculated on short-period rates or prorate, depending on whether yours is a first year or a renewal policy with us.
Should you require additional information about motor insurance, please refer to the insurance info booklet on ‘Motor Insurance’, available at all our branches or you can obtain a copy from your insurance agent or visit www.insuranceinfo.com.my.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad
198 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Walk In Service Counter : Level 17
Toll Free 1800-88-8811 (within Malaysia)
General Line 603-21180188
Fax 603-2118 0288
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Public Holidays)