I want to...
Life has plenty of journeys. Keep those journeys going with AIG Car Insurance - awarded Malaysia's “Motor Claims Insurer of the Year”.
We provide comprehensive protection for you and your car, covering you against damage to your own vehicle due to accident, fire and theft. We also cover your liabilities to other parties such as damage, injury or death to the other party and their vehicle.
Our most popular features include
Award Winning Claims Services*
Fastest claims turnaround time
1 Year Warranty
on repairs done at our panel workshop
* AIG Malaysia is awarded “Best Automotive Claims Management Service” by Malaysia’s Motordata Research Consortium (MRC)
Introducing our new Smart Auto packages, designed to give you the most flexible and value for money coverage for your car related needs.
We offer 3 affordable add-on packages to complement your car insurance needs, with key benefits like cash compensation, daily cash allowance, transportation fare, vehicle break-in and more.
AIG now offers windscreen repair, right at your home. It’s as easy as making a call and setting the date with our windscreen repair panel workshop nearest to you. Visit our windscreen repair workshop locator and FAQ here>
This service is applicable for AIG Car Insurance policyholders, with windscreen coverage add-on.
Terms and Conditions apply. Service available in select states within West Malaysia.
With every comprehensive Car Insurance renewal with AIG, we provide 24/7 nationwide road assistance service.
Our top services include:
24/7 Nationwide Accident Assistance
Call our quick-response team if you face vehicle breakdowns, accidents, or other motor emergencies.
Unlimited Towing Service*
Upon request, a certified tow truck will help take your
immobilised vehicle to our nearest AIG panel workshop with no distance limit.
Emergency Battery Delivery
Battery failure? Free delivery and installation of a new
battery will be provided. You only have to take care of the battery and toll charges.
When facing vehicle breakdowns, we can send a qualified mechanic to the site upon request.
*Not applicable for policies issued by selected car dealers.
Service is subjected to Terms & Conditions
If your vehicle is damaged after an accident, just bring it in for repairs to our panel workshop and we will take care of the bills. Our dedicated auto claim specialists will liaise with the workshop on accident-related repair costs.
We'll reimburse you the market value/agreed value* of your car, in the event of theft or total loss caused by fire. Just make sure you lodge a police report immediately.
*If your vehicle is covered with an agreed value policy.
For your vehicle repairs at our panel workshop, you'll be entitled to enjoy 1 year warranty on all repairs done.
We offer a selection of add-on coverage, which suits you and your vehicle while on the road. For an extra premium, you can choose to extend selected coverage such as windscreen, passenger protection plan, special perils (in case of flood or natural events) or accident guard.
If your vehicle is covered with an agreed value1 policy with us, you'll get the full pay-out on total car damage. It's always recommended to get covered with us on agreed value1 policy.
1 Initial agreed insured value instead of the depreciating market value of your car
With every Comprehensive Car Insurance coverage, you'll be entitled for road assistance, offering services such as unlimited towing service*, change of punctured tyre, battery, accident assistance, out of petrol and more.
*Not applicable for policies issued by selected car dealers.
Watch the video below to find out how you can play your role to make our roads safer.
Be A Safe Driver
Be A Smart Consumer
Be A Responsible Car Owner
A public message brought to you by Persatuan Insurance Am Malaysia (PIAM) and Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA)
This policy provides insurance against damage to your own vehicle and/or your liabilities to other parties as a result of a motor accident depending on type of cover you selected.
a) Comprehensive Cover - accidental or fire damage to your vehicle or theft of your vehicle.
b) Third Party Fire & Theft – cover your liability towards third party as a result of motor accident and damage/loss of your vehicle due to fire and/or theft.
c) Third Party Only Insurance – covers:
• Death or third party bodily injury; and
• Third party property loss or damage;
as a result of motor accident.
Optional add-on benefits available with Comprehensive Cover that you may wish to purchase by paying additional premium are as follows:
• Windscreen damage
• Riot Strike & Civil Commotion
• Passenger liability cover
• Damage arising from flood and landslide
• Cash compensation if your vehicle is declared total loss or damage due to flood
• Transportation Fare
• Vehicle Break-in
• Key Replacement
• Car Loan Support
• Tyres and Rims Repair/Replacement
• Daily Cash Allowance
• Waiver of Betterment
• Total Car Body Paint
• Personal Accident and Passenger Protection
• Passenger Protection
The above optional benefits are for Private Car only. There are separate optional benefits for Commercial Vehicles.
NOTE: It is an offence under the laws of the Republic of Singapore to enter the country without extending passenger liability cover to your motor insurance.
Duration of cover is for one year. You need to renew the insurance annually. It is advisable that the period of insurance must tally with the period of road tax. To check your car insurance expiry date, please visit JPJ.
We provide Road Tax renewal service with delivery when you renew your Car Insurance online with us.
|Is the road tax renewal service applicable for vehicles used in West Malaysia & East Malaysia?||
This service is currently available only for vehicles used in West Malaysia.
For vehicles used in East Malaysia, you can still renew your car insurance online (without selecting road tax).
|What type of charges are involved when I renew road tax with AIG Car Insurance online?||
You'll be charged for:
All deliveries are facilitated by MyEG Services.
|When will I receive my road tax after I have renewed it here?||
In conjunction with Hari Raya Holidays, there'll be no road tax deliveries from 11 May to 16 May 2021.
During this period, if delivery of your roadtax sticker is delayed, you may use road tax receipt as proof of the roadtax renewal. Visit https://rdtax.myeg.com.my/roadtaxReceipt/ to obtain road tax receipt.
|Who will deliver the road tax to me?||All deliveries are facilitated by MyEG Services Logistic Officers.|
|I've renewed my car insurance with road tax renewal online with AIG. I haven't receive my road tax as per expected delivery date. What do I do?||
You can check your road tax delivery status via the following method :
With the phased motor liberalization, the premium you may need to pay is based on the risk factors such as your age, gender, your vehicle age, make and model, cubic capacity, sum insured, location of your vehicle mostly used and any other factors that may applicable at time of cover issuance.
Commissions paid to the insurance agent: 10% of premium
Stamp duty: RM10.00
Service Tax: 6% of total premium
• Who can apply - Anyone with a valid driving licence for the appropriate class of vehicle. Minimum driving experience is 1 year. However, we reserve the right to accept cover based on our internal underwriting guidelines which also factors in the age of the driver. Please check with your agent or contact us at the number below.
• Pursuant to Paragraph 5 of the Schedule 9 of the Financial Services Act 2013, if you are applying for this insurance wholly for purpose unrelated to your trade, business or profession, you have a duty to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation in answering the questions in the Proposal Form (or when you apply for this insurance), to answer all questions fully and accurately and to disclose any matter that you know to be relevant to us in accepting the risks and determining the rates and terms to be applied otherwise it may result in avoidance of your contract of insurance, refusal or reduction of claims, change of terms or termination of your contract of insurance.
The above duty of disclosure shall continue until the time your contract of insurance is entered into, varied or renewed with us.
You also have a duty to tell us immediately if at any time after your ontract of insurance has been entered into, varied or renewed with us any of the information given in the Proposal Form (or when you have applied for this
insurance) is inaccurate or has changed.
• The excess is the amount of loss you have to bear in the event of an accident. There is an additional excess of RM400 in case of accident where your vehicle is driven by a person not named in your policy, below the age of 21 or still under probational licence (P) (for Comprehensive Private Car).
• Betterment charges (if you are involved in an accident and the damaged parts of your vehicle are replaced with new parts) will apply for vehicles aged 5 years and above.
• Motor is a Cash Before Cover policy. Payment must be made upfront before cover can be issued.
• You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the market value of your vehicle at the point you apply for this policy.
• In the case of renewal, your renewal sum insured will be determine based the present market value from the approved vehicle valuation database which will be shown on the renewal notice issued. However, if the model of your vehicle cannot be found in the approved vehicle valuation database, we will use your previous year’s sum insured as a basis and you need to verify the reasonable current market value of your vehicle on renewal. You have to maintain your vehicle in a roadworthy condition.
• In the event of a claim, your claim will be assessed based on the same vehicle valuation database used to determine the market value of your vehicle at the point you apply for this policy or at the point of renewal. This will not apply if your vehicle is insured based on agreed value.
• If you insure your vehicle lower than the market value by more than 10%, you are considered under-insuring your vehicle. In the event of loss, you will need to bear the proportion of the under-insured amount of the loss yourself. See the following illustration for further information:
Policy Sum Insured = RM50,000
Vehicle Market Value = RM80,000
Assessed Loss = RM5,000
Sum Insured/Market Value x Assessed Loss
RM50,000/RM80,000 X RM5,000 = RM3,125
In the event of loss, we will pay RM3,125, whereas you will have to bear the remaining RM1,875.
• If you over-insure your vehicle and in the event of a loss, the claim amount will be subject to the market value of your vehicle at time of loss.
• If your vehicle is still under hire purchase and the financial institution required you to insure according to your outstanding loan value, which may be higher than your vehicle market value, please note that in the event of loss, we will only settle the claim according to the market value of your vehicle at time of loss. The differences between the vehicle market value and the outstanding loan value will not be covered.
This policy does not cover certain losses, such as:
• Your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident;
• Your liability against claims from passengers in your vehicle;
• Loss, damage or liability arising from an act of nature i.e. flood, storm or landslide;
• Damage to tyres unless other parts of the vehicle is damaged at the same time;
• Loss, damage or liability arising from being used for hire or reward including e-hailing purposes; and
• Loss, damage or liability arising from use for racing purposes.
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the sample policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.
You may cancel your policy at any time by giving written notice to us and if applicable, to return the Certificate of Insurance issued to us.. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium, provided that we have not paid a claim against your policy. A minimum premium of RM50 will be retained and the balance calculated on short-period rates or prorate, depending on whether yours is a first year or a renewal policy with us.
It is important that you inform us of any change in your contact details to ensure that all correspondences reach you in a timely manner.
AIG Malaysia gives you 24/7 online convenience to update your policy contact information here.
At your convenience, you can now do the following updates online:
1. Mailing Address
2. Email Address
3. Contact Number
Should you require additional information about motor insurance, please refer to the insurance info booklet on ‘Motor Insurance’, available at all our branches or you can obtain a copy from your insurance agent or visit www.insuranceinfo.com.my.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad
198 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Walk In Service Counter : Level 17
Toll Free 1800-88-8811 (within Malaysia)
General Line 603-21180188
Fax 603-2118 0288
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Public Holidays)