Step by Step Claims Guideline
Special advise for our Policyholders who have been affected by the recent floods
Dear Valued Policyholders,
AIG is here to “Jaga You” in this difficult time. If you have been affected by the recent floods, for claims advice or to report a claim, please call our toll free hotline 1 800 88 8811 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email AIGMYCare@aig.com or contact your Servicing Agent.
Step 1 : Notify AIG Malaysia immediately after the incident, via the following methods.
- Call our Call Centre at 1800 88 8811 immediately after the incident; or
- Complete Home Claims Form and submit to any AIG branches or email it to AIGMYCare@aig.com
Step 2 : AIG issues acknowledgement letter within 3 working days.
Step 3 : Upon request, submit all required documents to AIG, via the following methods.
Step 4 : After complete submission of all required documents, AIG will revert to you within 14 working days.
Step 5 : AIG will notify claims status.
- If claim is approved, settlement acknowledgement / offer letter along with the Loss & Subrogation Receipt will be issued. Upon return of signed offer letter, claims e-payment will be processed within 7 working days.
- If claim is rejected, you will receive a denial letter with reason.
Claims Supporting Documents - Checklist
All types of claims
- Completed claims form
- Copy of insured's IC
- Historical purchase receipts/warranty card of the items claimed
- Photographs of the damaged items/ area or location of where items were placed before incident
- Copy of Police report (for all claims involving theft)
Note: Other documents may be requested to fully review your claim.