A buyer-side policy allows the buyer to recover losses arising from inaccuracies in the warranties and indemnities directly from AIG without first pursuing recovery from the seller.
A seller-side policy reimburses the seller for losses arising from warranty and indemnity claims by the buyer.
Each policy is tailored to meet the specific needs of the transaction, with coverage designed to:
- Work back-to-back with the recourse and risk allocation agreed between the buyer and seller in the acquisition agreement;
- Mirror the minimum claim provisions (de minimis and retention thresholds) and other limitation language in the acquisition agreement;
- Match the warranty survival period under the acquisition agreement (including any extended period for tax) – extendable if required; and
- Cover first and third party claims and associated defence costs. Cover on a buyer-side policy will also respond to fraud by the seller.
The AIG Advantage
- Bespoke products designed for M&A transactions, based on more than 40 years’ experience working with Malaysia businesses, and over 95 years serving customers around the world.
- Local expertise backed by a worldwide network of highly-skilled insurance professionals, helping to make complex deals a reality.
- Financial strength and stability – large capacities available, reducing the need for multiple insurers.
- Access to our highly-skilled and specialised team of claims professionals who will process your claim efficiently and professionally.